Saturday, March 07, 2009

My teeth are soaking in a cup

I remember my grandmother taking her teeth out and putting them in a glass. I never thought that I would be taking my teeth out and putting them in a cup. All right, it isn't actually a cup they are soaking in, it's a plastic container with a lid.

My gums are shrinking and I have to put denture adhesive on my plate to hold it in my mouth. The problem was that Friday, when I was driving around Las Vegas and doing business. the pink adhesive goo I use didn't hold them properly and they kept coming loose, which is embarrassing. Let's face a person's teeth should not come loose when one talks.

There are other problems with using a denture adhesive from a tub to hold your teeth in, but the teeth slipping is the worst. At least, it is this week; next week I might find something worse about it, but I'll deal with that then. Right now, the idea of my teeth coming out when I'm talking to someone is not a laughing matter.

This is the first time my teeth have came loose when I was talking, still the fact that it happened bothers me. It makes me wish I had taken better care of my teeth and my gums when I was younger and still had the chance to save them.

The only time I've slept with my teeth in was the first day I had them. My dentist advises me not to and I haven't yet. Setting up on a couch dozing doesn't count. Anyway, I'm going to have to do something about them coming loose when I'm talking. I can't do business if my dentures are falling out of my mouth.

No comments: