Monday, March 16, 2009

As the days get longer

Kamál (Perfection), 15 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 165 BE – Monday, March 16, 2009 about 6:40 PM Pacific Time

It's almost sunset in Las Vegas, the days are getting longer and warmer. Longer days means I can get more accomplished during the daylight hours, but I can never seem to get as much accomplished as I would like.

I did get something accomplished today, but not everything I wanted to accomplish. Part of the problem is an ulcer which acts up when I am under stress. It acted up this afternoon and I had to stop, set down and unstress. When I unstress I can feel the difference.

When my ulcer acts up I can't set at the computer and write. I have to go to the couch, set down and say prayers. This afternoon I took a nap as well. The dentist suggested I don't in my dentures, but I had my dentures in while I dozed sitting on the couch. I'm not sure that dozing while I'm sitting on the couch actually counts as sleep. I'll ask the dentist next time I see him.

I'm going to have the rest of my teeth pull on March 24 and the lower plate put in. I suppose part of my problem with the ulcer could be that I'm not chewing my food properly. I don't see what that would have to do with causing the ulcer to act up, but that is something I'm going to have to as my doctor the next time I see her.

I think I just need to stop worrying and relax a little. I'm still worrying over things that turn out not to be a problem. Perhaps the best solution to the worrying is to stop what I'm doing when a worry raises its head and say a prayer.

No comments: