Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Beginning of a New Week in Las Vegas

Jamál (Beauty), 9 Bahá (Splendor), 166 BE – Sunday, March 29, 2009 about 6:07 AM Pacific Time

It's Sunday morning, March 29, in Las Vegas and the beginning of a new week. I have a load of cloths in the dryer and coffee brewing in the pot. I look out my living room window and the sky is still dark, but I can see the velvet black sky slowly change and fade to deep predawn blue.

A new week has begun and soon a new month will begin. It's almost four months into 2009, the year is passing quickly. Perhaps it is passing too quickly, but nothing I can do nothing to slow the passage of time. The only thing I can do is take advantage of the time I have and use it to the best of my ability.

I know that I do waste time either through worry or through procrastination. The time I spend with my mother I hope I'm not wasting, but I suspect part of my time with her may be wasted. My mother is 88 years old and she has acquired a lot of wisdom in those 88 years. I need to find out some of the things she has learned while I have the chance.

I know that while my grandparents will still on this plane of existence I didn't ask them questions and glean the wisdom of their lives. There are things I would have like to have known and now it's too late to ask them questions. However, it isn't too late to ask my mother questions and then record her answers. To find out what Mom thinks about the changes that the world has gone through in the past 88 years.

No comments: