Thursday, September 18, 2008

The temptation not to write

Istijlál (Majesty), 10 ‘Izzat (Might), 165 B.E. – Thursday, September 18, 2008 about 4:26 PM Pacific Time

I'm almost tempted not to make an entry, but if I don't I know I'll regret it. That's part of the process of transformation. Learning what you will regret if you don't do it. The only topic I have for a blog entry is my car. The mechanic put in a new radiator and hoses today. He also washed the car.

I'm weary and on the verge of tears myself, but I think I'm still recovering from yesterday. When I got off work, I walked to Food 4 Less to get some oil and dishwashing liquid. I needed the oil in order to drive the car to the mechanic this morning. I'm going to have to keep the 1991 Toyota running because I can't afford a new car. Let's face it, sometimes I'm lucky to afford the gas for the car.

However, I'm getting too old to walk from work, to the store and home again. It takes too much out of me. So I have to keep the car going, otherwise I'm walking. Even if I took the city bus, I'd still have to walk to the bus stops. One bus stop is ten blocks away and another is five. Both are too far to walk with my right knee the way it is.

No comments: