Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I need to redo my priorities

‘Idál (Justice), 17 ‘Izzat (Might), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, September 24, 2008 about 3:04 PM Pacific Time

Part of the process of transformation is learning about oneself. I've learned a lot about myself in the past year. I've learned a lot about myself in the past month. One thing I've learned about myself lately is a tendency to do "make work" project that don't take me toward my ultimate goal. The things waste time, but they make the inner critic happy because they appear to take action while avoiding the challenging goals.

The 80/20 rule state that on a "to do list" of ten items two of those items return 80% of the value of the list. That is because two of those items lead a person to achieving he or she wants in life. I've found that to be true for me lately. Therefore, I'm going to change the way I make my "to do list" and the way I set my priorities.

Right now I'm reviewing the goals I have and rewrite my to do list. I set nineteen-day goals, so that I have a list that I can work with in a specific period. I'm going to rewrite that list for the next 19-day period because the way I'm doing it now isn't getting me anywhere near what I want.

No comments: