Saturday, September 13, 2008

I miss my teeth

Jalál (Glory), 6 ‘Izzat (Might), 165 B.E. – Saturday, September 13, 2008 about 6:13 PM Pacific Time

I miss my teeth. I never thought I would say that, but I miss the teeth that the dentist pulled on Monday. I didn't have very many teeth left in my mouth before he extracted the four teeth in my right upper jaw. Now that the teeth are gone, I miss them.

I miss those teeth. I miss them because I chewed on that side of my mouth. Most of my lower teeth were gone. In addition, most of the teeth on the other side of my mouth were gone or in such bad condition that I couldn't chew with them. Now that the teeth I used most often to chew with, it is difficult to eat anything except soup.

Not that I limit myself to soup, I still eat anything I want, it's just that it's a little more difficult to chew without those teeth. I have another appointment with the dentist in a week or so. The dentist will pull more teeth then. I didn't ask whether my dentures would be ready or not. I guess I should have, but I didn't think there would be that big a difference in eating.

Another thing I've noticed about the missing teeth. I have more of a tendency to drool in my sleep. All right, that is probably a lot more information then anyone reading this entry wants to know. I will be so glad when I get my dentures that I'm going to celebrate by having prime rib.

Both my grandparents had dentures. I didn't ask them what it was like having their teeth pulled and the dentures put in. When I was growing up, the last thing on my mind was my teeth or the conditions of my gums. This may be why I have to have all my teeth pulled and dentures put in.

No comments: