Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thoughts on an Autumn Afternoon

Fidál (Grace), 16 ‘Izzat (Might), 165 B.E. – Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:34 PM Pacific Time

What is it about fall,
which bring to mind the joy
of my grandmother's homemade soup.

I have soup working in the slow cooker. To make it I mixed chicken broth with another soup mix. This isn't how Grandma Newland made soup. This isn't the way she taught me to make soup. Grandma made soup from scratch, without a recipe. I usually followed a recipe when I made soup from scratch.

Now, however, I don't make soup that way. When I make soup I either open a can or I use soup mixes and work from there. I don't think it taste like the soup Grandma made, but this is the way I cook any more. This is just soup, the kind I can put in a mug and drink.

I'm having my teeth extracted and it's difficult to chew. Lately I've noticed that I don't feel well after I eat. I think it's because I'm not chewing my food properly. The last time I went to the dentist, he pulled the teeth I used to chew with. I'm going to go on a liquid diet until I have my dentures. After the dentist puts my dentures in and my gums aren't soar anymore, then I'll eat solid food.

No comments: