Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Writing.com is 8 years old

‘Idál (Justice), 15 Asma (Names), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, September 3, 2008 about 5:51 AM Pacific Time

Writing.com is 8 years old in September. I joined this community of writers in 2002; one of the wisest decisions I ever made. Since joining my writing and attitude toward my talent has improved. I am much more willing to share my creative efforts with other people.

Personal transformation is not a solitary process. In order for a person to change, to become her or his true self, that person must interact with the rest of humanity. This interaction can take the form of face-to-face contact or online contact. In this case, my interaction with the other members at writing.com has affected both my talent and the way I think about myself.

My interaction with other writers at writing.com consists of e-mail, blog comments and reviews of written works. Not only do I receive review of my own work, but I give them as well. The reviews help improve my writing skills.

When I joined writing.com, I joined as a free (non-paying member). Since joining I have paid for three different levels of membership. The first level, I paid for was the basic and least expensive level. The next level of membership I paid for was the upgraded level and I kept that for several years. In 2008, I decided to get the premium level because I needed more room in my portfolio.

The other two levels of membership are the professional and enterprise levels. I don't know if I'm going to get either of those levels myself. I encourage any one who writes, whether it is professionally or just for personal enjoyment to join writing.com, at least on a trial basis. Try it out and see if you like the writing.com community.

No comments: