Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My car in my driveway

‘Idál (Justice), 10 ‘Izzat (Might), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:19 AM Pacific Time

My car sets in my driveway waiting for oil and a new thermostat. The car overheated Monday when Mom and I were out. Instead of stopping at the bank, I came home. I parked the car in the driveway and unloaded the food. Then I locked the car and came into the house.

I thought the car just needed water in the radiator and that once I added the water it would be fine. Tuesday morning I went out, popped the hood and began adding water. It wouldn't hold water, so I called into work. I called a couple of friends and got the phone number of a mechanic. I figured I would have the car towed; the problem was I didn't have Triple A. A neighbor took me to the Triple A office and a bought a years membership.

A friend came over and worked on the car. He stopped the leak, found out the problem was the thermostat. I still have to take the car to a mechanic, but I need to put oil in the car before I drive it. My friend checked the oil and it was at least two quarts low. Today after I get off work, I'm going to Food 4 Less and get three or four quarts. I will put the oil in the car and then figure out how to get it to the mechanic.

I think I can drive it with the thermostat acting the way it is, but I have to call the mechanic and set up a time to take it in. In the mean time, I have a Triple A membership scheduled for validation today. My life is getting interesting, to say the least.

No comments: