Friday, July 25, 2008

In the Weary Morning

Istiqlál (Independence), 13 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Friday, July 25, 2008 about 4:40 AM PDT

I was really tired when I went to bed last night about 10:30 PM. Somewhere between 11:15 PM and 1:15 AM, my doorbell ring three times. I woke up from a sound sleep, set straight up and looked around. Then I got up and went to the front door. I looked out the door's window, my front door has a nice little window and not a peep hole. There was no one standing on my front stoop, so I opened the door. I had locked the screen door from the inside before I went t bed.

The only things I saw, were the trashcans setting under the stone pine tree. The trashcans were setting there before I went to bed last night. I then went to the living room and looked out the window. My car was still setting in the driveway, so I got the keys, unlocked the screen door and went out to the car. I rolled up the car windows, checked to see that Mom's walker was still in the back seat and locked the car. I lock the car before sunset from now on.

I still don't know whether I actually heard the doorbell or if it was part of a dream. I've been having some really intriguing dreams lately. Wednesday I dreamed I heard my sister's voice in the house she was talking to Mom. Thursday I dreamed there was a big wind and it destroyed some cactus Mom had in the backyard (there are no cactus in the backyard except in my dreams). Last night I dreamed about people doing something and then the doorbell ring.

I don't think the doorbell was part of my dream, but you never know. When I went outside to roll up the car windows and lock the car, I heard police sirens. Of course, sirens aren't anything unusual in Las Vegas, we hear them all the time. Still the events of last night was disturbing, unfortunately I won't be able to take a nap until late this afternoon.

Before I went back to sleep I said a prayer of protection. I said a prayer before I went to sleep the first time, but I don't remember if it was a protection prayer. Another thing I am going to do every night before going to bed. I will say one the protection prayer revealed by the Bab.

No comments: