Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Midweek and Midmonth Reflections

‘Idál (Justice), 11 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Wednesday, July 23, 2008 about 2:41 AM PDT

Kalimat (Words) is half over, the Feast of Kamal (Perfection) will occur on July 31, 2008. I have did good when it comes to achieving the daily word count goal for the Month of Words. The July edition of the writing.com Fantasy newsletter, which I am responsible for, comes out today. I have started considering subjects for the August edition. I am working on my procrastination problem.

A part of transformation process is overcoming faults or changing bad habits. Now I am not sure whether procrastination is a fault or a bad habit. Until recently, I have considered it a fault, but that opinion is changing. I am beginning to think it is a bad habit, which I have to change. A fault is something I have to overcome, but a bad habit is something I have to change. All right, that is just a personal opinion.

Changing a bad habit is not easy, but it is an essential process for the soul to grow and develop. I cannot change a bad habit overnight. It is necessary to replace the bad habit with a good habit. For instance, I cannot just stop procrastinating rather I have to replace the inaction of procrastination with action. I have to do what I was putting off, therefore instead of waiting until the last minute to do the newsletter I am working on it now by doing a little bit of it at a time.

There is an aspect of procrastination I have not discussed and that is the fear component. Fear is a part of procrastination and there is only one way to overcome this component. I have found that the only way, I can overcome the fear is by placing my entire trust in God. In addition, I have found that putting my trust in God attracts the assistance of God.

No comments: