Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Like Red Onions

Jalál (Glory), 14 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Saturday, July 26, 2008 about 1:21 PM PDT

I like red onions. I like them sliced very thin on a hamburger with dill pickles and salad dressing. I like them chopped on a hotdog with sweet relish and mustard. I like them chopped and put in a dinner salad. I like them chopped and cooked with fried potatoes.

My grandmother fried potatoes with red onions in them. When she made hamburger for my siblings and myself, she sliced red onions for our hamburgers. Grandma chopped red onions for hotdogs and salads. I know where I picked up my taste for red onions with my food. What I want to know, is where did I pickup the taste for raw red onions without any other food to go with them.

I love eating a slice of raw red onions by themselves no salad dressing, no hamburger, no hot dog, no salad, just a plain slice of raw red onion. Naturally, this is not something I eat everyday. I usually eat a slice of raw onion on Saturday or Sunday, when I know I am not going to leave the house. After I eat a slice red onion I brush my teeth several times.

Not only would I like to know where I picked up the taste for red onions this way, but I would like to know if it is a common taste. I have never heard anyone talk about this particular taste before. I have had conversations with other people about different foods, but the subject of eating slices of raw red onions by them has never come up.

No comments: