Friday, July 11, 2008

My Mother says I worry Too Much

Istiqlál (Independence), 18 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Friday, July 11, 2008 about 5:00 AM PDT

My mother says I worry too much and she is right. She especially gets upset when she thinks or knows I am worrying about her. For some reason Mom does not think I should worry about her. All her life she has worried about my siblings and me, but she gets upset when I worry about her. Perhaps, I am handling the situation wrong. Instead of letting her know I worry about her I should just say a prayer of protection for her or better yet the Long Healing Prayer revealed by Baha'u'llah.

I am attempting to say the prayer every day, either in the morning or in the evening. Perhaps I should start reading it aloud when Mom is in the room. Mom enjoys reading and hearing that particular prayer. So perhaps I need to wait until she gets up of a morning to read it with Mom in the room and loud enough for her to hear.

There are several prayers Mom enjoys reading several prayers, but she cannot see too well. She has a magnifying glass, which helps a little. She does need new glasses; come to think of it I need new glasses as well. However, with my mother I think there may be another problem besides glasses with her eyes. Of course, I could be jumping to conclusions; I do have a tendency to jump to conclusions. I also have a tendency to see the worse case scenario in every event that occurs in my life. Therefore, I have to be careful about jumping to conclusions.

Well, I think I will post this now. Mom is awake and the coffee is made so, I think I will get her up and see if she wants something to eat with her coffee.

No comments: