Sunday, July 06, 2008

My Washing Machine Dances

Jamál (Beauty), 13 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Sunday, July 6, 2008 about 6:08 AM PDT

My mornings started on an interesting note. I say prayers, make coffee and put a load of cloths in the washer. My washing machine dances when it enters the spin cycle. The machine isn't level and so nine loads out of ten it moves in the spin cycle.

I know it moves because the cloths are out of balance. The unlevel machine and the out of balance load cause it to dance. I used to stand against it when it went into the spin cycle, but I don't anymore. Now I put something between the washer and the dryer to prevent it from crowding the dryer. Also after each load, when the washer is empty, I move the machine back into place.

I know there is something I can get to keep the machine in balance. Anyway, someone told me there was something. He said all I had to do was go to a hardware store, get the object and then put it under the washer. I'll have to get the object this year sometime because I can't continue physically moving the washer back into place.

It's either get the washing machine back into balance or under load the machine. I'm not one of those people who under load a washing machine. I go the opposite direction; I overload the machine, which means the cloths don't get completely dry in first time through the dryer.

My washing machine dances,
with almost every load of cloths I wash
it moves across the floor;
now all I have to do is find
the proper waltz to accompany it
and I have a dance partner for the rest of my life.

No comments: