Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Theme for the Month is Words

Jamál (Beauty), 1 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Sunday, July 13, 2008 about 6:24 AM PDT

The theme for the month, for the next nineteen day, is words; writing them and speaking them. All right, I'm not a talker, I don't think I've ever been a talker; I listen, but I don't talk a lot. However, I'm going to talk a little more during the month of Kalimat.

I've set daily word count goal for my writing. During the past few months I haven't made the daily goals on a consistent basis. During these nineteen days, I'm going to focus on making those daily goals. One of the things I'm going to do, is finish a novel I'm working on. In addition, to the novel I'm going to finish at least one short story. Actually, I should finish more then one because I have seven ideas for short stories.

I'm working on a poetry manuscript called Year of the Poem, which consists of a daily poem written between March 21, 2008 and March 20, 2009. In addition, to the already mentioned projects, I'm want to make a daily entry in this blog. However, the other writing projects take priority, so I may have to reconsider the daily entries in this blog and make the entries every other day. I'll see; at the end of the nineteen day, I will reevaluate the writing goals and decide if I need to change anything.

No comments: