Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I'm still thinking about the Fourth of July

‘Idál (Justice), 9 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Wednesday, July 2, 2008 about 5:52 AM PDT

I'm still thinking about my Fourth of July entry. For three years in a row, my grandparents, parents and cousins went to Lake Karl Blackwell to celebrate the Fourth, four three years in a row accidents happened that were potentially fatal. After the third incident we didn't go to Lake Karl Blackwell any more.

I'm thinking back to those incidents and looking at them from my present perspective. Two of them could have been avoided, while the third was the result of technological failure and couldn't have been avoided. I think I'll describe one or more of those incidents in my blog entry. This means before the Fourth I'm going to have to write notes about those incidents.

It's been a long time since I wrote anything about those incidents and I need to review them a little more closely before I write more about them. I did write a poem several years ago concerning the happenings at Lake Karl (I hope that is how the name is spelled in this instance) Blackwell. I'm also going to have to do little more research on that Lake.

Writing another poem about them or perhaps three poems sounds like a good idea. I also used one of the incidents in a flash fiction piece. Writing two or three new flash fiction stories or a short story sounds like a good idea, as well. I’m not sure which I’ll decide on yet; maybe I’ll just make three different blog entries detailing the incidents.

No comments: