Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Need a Vacation

Istijlál (Majesty), 5 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Thursday, July 17, 2008 about 7:15 PM PDT

Sunset of another humid day approaches. Another humid rainless day is drawing to a close. It rained yesterday, but not today. The weather person predicted rain when I watched the news this afternoon.

Sunset of another humid day approaches and I need a vacation. I am not going to get one, I will be lucky to get out of town. It is my own fault of course. My not getting a vacation is a combination of my tendency to procrastinate and my own lack of planning. I realized this a few days ago, but it takes a few days for me to write about epiphanies. I have to let the lesson settle in.

All right, so I will not get a vacation this year. That does not mean I cannot relax. I can relax right here in Las Vegas. My last day of work is July 29 and classes do not start again until August 25. During that time I can take a short local vacation. There are lost of places to go in and around Las Vegas. I just do not want to take a local vacation. I want to go out of town, I want to go out of state, I want to go out of the country.

I want to get away by myself and still have access to the Internet. I want to go some place that has indoor plumbing. I do not want to go fishing, because as much as I enjoy fresh fish; I do not like cleaning them. I do not want to go camping, unless it is somewhere with a cabin, indoor plumbing, a hot shower and Internet access.

Since I am not going to get out of Las Vegas, I guess the next best thing is to find a short day trip here in town. Actually, what I need to do is get a way for an hour or two by myself, which is impossible. Therefore, I guess the next best thing to do is to go on one of the roller coasters, while my mother watches. Mom does not want to go on the roller coaster, but she does enjoy watching me ride on them.

No comments: