Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Tomorrow is Trash Pick-up Day

Fidál (Grace), 15 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Tuesday, July 8, 2008 about 6:27 PM PDT

Tomorrow Wednesday, July 9, 2008, is trash pick-up day in my neighborhood. Trash pick-up days, which occur on Wednesday and Saturday, are always challenges for me. I never seem to get all the trash out to the curb. Of course, I only have four small aluminum trashcans and not a large plastic one that rolls.

I have to lug my cans to the curb rather then roll them, so that is a bit of a challenge itself. Rolling a plastic trash container to the curb is much easier then carrying an aluminum trashcan. Sometimes those cans get heavy and I don't like to carry them out in the dark. That means I have to either take them out the night before or wait until the sun comes up.

Taking the trash out on Wednesday and Saturday mornings is not a problem in spring or summer, but it is in fall and winter. In spring and summer the sun comes up before 7:00 AM, so I can get the trashcans out between 6:00 and 6:30 AM. In fall and winter, when there is a later sunrise I have to take the trashcans out the night before, which is only a problem if it is windy.

Fortunately, it is summer now therefore I can wait until morning to take the trashcans to the curb. I like this because it encourages me to get my morning started early. Tomorrow I will make coffee as soon as I get up and not wait until later in the morning. My alarm clock is set at 4:00 AM, but many mornings I get between 3:00 and 3:30 AM. I usually wait until either 4:00 or 5:00, depending on when I get up, to make the coffee, but on trash collection day I have to get going so that I can get the trashcans carried to the curb.

No comments: