Friday, July 18, 2014

Foodie Friday: Don't start the day without coffee

Istiqlál (Independence), 6 Kalimát (Words), 171 BE - Friday, July 18, 2014 about 9:03 am Pacific Daylight Time

Don't start the day without coffee. Don't go back to bed, until after you've made a fresh carafe of coffee, if you get up at 1:30 am because you wake up and can't go back sleep. Those are my lessons and advice on the third Friday of July 2014. I had planned to make a Funny Friday enter this morning, but I couldn't remember encountering anything funny this week.

I got up at 1:30 am this morning because I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I responded to the blog prompts on writing.com, posted it, and then took my thyroid medication. I felt sleepy so I went back to the love seat (I don't have a bed to sleep in) and dozed off. I got up at 6:30, took my other morning med, made coffee, and then started to review on  writing.com. I should have waited until after the coffee brewed before doing the first review because it wasn't up to my normal review quality.

Now that I've had a couple of cups of coffee, I will warm the roasted whole chicken I purchased at Smith's Food & Drug Store yesterday. I also purchased a small container of coleslaw which I will have with the chicken. I had a couple of coupons that needed to be used before July 20, so when I went to the store to get my medication I purchased a few other things and used the coupons I need to use before Sunday.

Now that I've had one or two cups of iced coffee I'm focusing, so now I can eat breakfast and plan the rest of my day. I think I will warm the chicken up in the pepper sauce I had left over from the chicken breast I cooked yesterday. So far this week I've eaten only chicken or fish, maybe it's time I purchased a small lean piece of beef to add variety to my diet. I also need to get some type of fresh vegetable because all I have in the house is canned green bean, corn, and carrots. I think I purchase some celery or green salad makings the next time I go to the grocery store.


No comments: