Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thankful Thursday: July 24, 2014

Istijlál (Majesty), 12 Kalimát (Words), 171 BE - Thursday, July 24, 2014 about 12:09 pm Pacific Daylight Time

This afternoon I am thankful...

1. ...that I have not fallen asleep on my keyboard. I am sleepy so there is the possibility of me falling asleep and drooling on my keyboard, which is not good for the keyboard or the computer.

2. ...for the fresh carafe of coffee I made this morning because now I can get another cup of iced coffee to wake me up.

3 ...that the exterminator came this morning because now I do not have to worry about roaches for another week or so.

4. ...for the two chicken thighs I have marinating in the refrigerator. I put them in a marinade of apple juice and roasted red pepper Italian dressing yesterday. I can have chicken with salad tomorrow after I return from the blood test at the doctor's office.

5. ...that I have an air conditioner in this apartment that works because the temperature outside is 106 degrees.

6. ...for ice cubes trays, ice cubes, and a freezer that works because I do not have to purchase ice when I want to make iced coffee or tea.

7. ...that we have 12 mph wind here in Las Vegas today because I can look out my window and watch the palm fronds waving in the breeze.

8. ...for bottled water because when I go to the doctor's office or the store I can take a cold bottle of water with me. There is nothing like a sip of iced water on a hot day to refresh and raise a my spirits when I am driving around in 106 or 107 degree temperatures.

9. ...that I have several bottle of juice in the refrigerator because I can drink apple, orange, or cranberry juice when I want to without having to go to the store to purchase it on a hot Las Vegas afternoon.

10. ...for wooden slatted Venetian blinds at my windows because they do not melt when the sun shines through the windows.

No comments: