Sunday, July 20, 2014

Serenity Saturday: The Calmness of a Sunday Afternoon

Jamál (Beauty), 8 Kalimát (Words), 171 BE - Sunday, July 20, 2014 about 2:11 pm Pacific Daylight Time

On this calm afternoon, I remember the Sunday's I spent with Grandma Mary and Grandpa Frank. In the morning we would god to church, which consisted of attending Sunday School and then church services afterwards. After church we would go to my grandparents' house and eat dinner.

Sunday dinner consisted of southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, creamed peas or spinach, soda or iced tea, and some type of desert. Grandma usually made a pie of some kind. I always liked Grandma Mary's rhubarb pie hot with a scoop of ice cream. Sometimes it was home made ice cream and sometimes store bought. I liked the homemade ice cream better.

Serene Sundays
bring back childhood memories
and a joyful smile.

As I think back over to the days of my youth, I remember the serene days were those spent with my grandparents or sitting calming observing nature in all its beauty. I have not been to a park in a long time, I think I need to go on a afternoon picnic, sit in the shade of a tree, and watch the birds flying from branch to branch.

Serene Sundays
morning prayers are intoned
alleviates stress.

No comments: