Monday, July 21, 2014

Meditation Monday: Swimming And Holding My Breath

Fiḍál (Grace), 10 Kalimát (Words), 171 BE - Monday, July 21, 2014 about 8:22 pm Pacific Daylight Time

"All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath."
F. Scott Fitzgerald

I feel as if I've been swimming under water and holding my breath. I surface so that I can take a breath, I look around, and I find myself in an unfamiliar location. I don't recognize my surroundings or anything else. Where am I? I close my eyes, I take a deep breath, I open my eyes again, but I still can't recognize the terrain.That's the way I've felt lately. I know I'm doing something wrong, but tell myself I don't know what. The truth is that I do know what I'm doing wrong, I simply don't want to admit it either to myself or in writing.

I cannot go on
My attitude has to change
Or nothing else will

What have I been doing wrong? When I get up in the morning, I take my first medication and then I sit down and the computer and get on-line. After I've been on-line a while I say my prayers, but that is the wrong order. I have to switch things around. I have to take my thyroid tablet the first thing of a morning; however, I don't have to get on-line until after I say my prayers and meditate on a verse of scripture.

One step at a time
In the morning on small change
That is all I need

No comments: