Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Midweek Reflections on a Long Day

‘Idál (Justice), 4 Kalimát (Words), 171 BE - Wednesday, July 16, 2014 about 6:52 pm Pacific Daylight Time

In late afternoon
the sun cast long dark shadow
weariness sets in.

It's been a long day, which grows shorter as the month passes. In the middle of July, I listen to the air conditioner as it cools the hot afternoon. I'm tired, but there isn't any use going to sleep because I'm not sleepy. I don't get sleepy until about 10:30 or 11:00 pm. Then I go to be for a short night's sleep.

Day in and day out
I wonder what my life would
be like if I had a pet.

Perhaps I'm lonely. Living alone after so many years of living in the same house with my mother. I have to get used to doing everything by myself. I don't mind the work, but it would be nice to have someone to talk to about so many things. I would like to discuss my memories of growing up in Oklahoma.


Loneliness enhanced
by the long summer days that
pass in increments.

 Writing helps alleviate the loneliness. Housework help alleviate the loneliness, I now understand why my grandmother did housework in the middle of the night when she couldn't sleep. Maybe I should try doing housework when I can't sleep instead of writing.

No comments: