Sunday, July 27, 2014

Supplication Sunday: Prayers Resonate

Jamál (Beauty), 15 Kalimát (Words), 171 BE - Sunday, July 27, 2014 about 4:20 pm Pacific Daylight Time

Prayers resonate
ascend from the contrite soul
to the throne of God.

I have Remembrance of God, a book of scriptures, resting beside my keyboard. It is there because sometimes I have to stop in the middle of whatever I am working on to say a prayer or read a scripture verse. When I am stuck for a word or do not know where a story or blog entry is headed, I stop to say a prayer or read a scripture. Prayer also helps when I find my mind wandering and am unable to focus.

Prayers resonate:
smoke rising from a campfire
merging with white clouds.

Remembrance of God is on the left side of my keyboard. On my right side, and sitting on a wooden T.V. stand, is a cup of coffee or tea. Sometimes I have a container of soda or bottle of water on stand instead. The refreshment I have there depends on how I feel and what I am working on at the time. These two things, the book and the refreshment help me write.

Prayers resonate:
music reverberating
across mind and soul.

No comments: