Friday, July 11, 2014

Thoughs on A Friday Afternoon

Istiqlál (Independence), 18 Raḥmat (Mercy), 171 BE - Friday, July 11, 2014 about 5:07 pm Pacific Daylight Time

It is summer
the days are getting shorter,
but they are still long hot days.

My thoughts on this Friday afternoon are scattered. I still have a lot of work to do to put all the dishes back in the cabinets. I have not received the battery for my new upgraded modem, so I did not hook it up today. I expect the battery will come Saturday, at least I hope it comes Saturday otherwise I will have to wait until Monday to call Cox Communications to see why I have not received the battery as yet.

Patience
is a virtue I am short of
on this summer afternoon.

 I am not sure what is causing my impatience. I feel as if time is moving slowly, but the days are speeding past. I know that does not make sense.  I feel as if something has changed and my life is about to take a new turn. I have had any of the dreams that indicate something is about to change; however, I feel as if the air is charged with electricity. I also feel a bit depressed and I do not have a reason for the depression.

Prayer
and the scent of almonds
and vanilla 

I know where the scent of almonds and vanilla originated. I opened the contain of deodorant I purchased the other day and it smells like almonds and vanilla. Normally, I do not purchase perfumed deodorant, but I decided to buy something different this time. I like the scent so I may continue purchasing deodorant with some type of aroma.

No comments: