Thursday, May 21, 2009

I’ve managed to scare myself twice this morning

Istijlál (Majesty), 5 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 166 BE – Thursday, May 21, 2009 about 8:47 AM Pacific Time

The first time I scared myself this morning was when I went to make coffee. I put the filter in the coffee maker, then the coffee grounds, then the water and set the carafe under the basket. I turned the coffee pot on and not green light. It scared me because I thought the coffee maker was broken and it's the only one we have at this time. I solved the problem by plugging the coffee maker into the electricity.

Note to self: Before making coffee check to see if the coffee maker is plugged into the electrical outlet.

The second time concerned the refrigerator. My fridge runs 24/7 and I can usually hear it running. This morning I couldn't hear it and I thought it had stopped working. While a fridge that runs 24/7 needs replacing, I can't replace it today. If it stops running today or within the next few days, I have a problem. I need to find a used fridge and someone to get it home and plugged in. My Kia is a bit too small to haul a fridge home in it, so I'm going to have to find a used fridge for less then $100.00 and a way to get it home.

Needless to say, one of the things on my prayer list for the next week or so it that the fridge continues to run until I can replace it.

No comments: