Saturday, May 02, 2009

I’m getting nostalgic

Jalál (Glory), 5 Jamál (Beauty), 166 BE – Saturday, May 2, 2009 about 6:25 PM Pacific Time

I'm missing my Grandparents. Perhaps it's the time of year, today is the first Saturday in May. This is the time of year Grandpa began taking us to the Lake on weekends. We would go water skiing, boat riding and fishing. All right, I'm not real crazy about fishing basically because I don't care to put worms on hooks. Grandpa liked to fish and I like eating fresh fish.

Perhaps it's just because I'm getting older and thinking about the Good Old Days. I'm not sure precisely what the problem is or even if there is a problem. I've just been thinking a lot about my Grandparents lately. As a child, my mother worked so Grandpa and Grandma took care of us while Mom worked.

Perhaps I should write a poem or story about my Grandparents. That would help with this nostalgic feeling that I'm getting. It's a wistful feeling, like there is something I'm missing. I did write a short piece about my grandparents and Memorial Day. Maybe I need to write something about my grandparents and Mothers' Day or Fathers' Day.

I don't think I've ever written anything about Grandma and Mothers' Day or Grandpa and Fathers' Day. Grandpa was my father figure, so perhaps that's why I'm feeling nostalgic; I haven't written anything about Grandpa for Fathers' Day.

No comments: