Saturday, May 23, 2009

I Googled Blackwell, Oklahoma

I googled Blackwell, Oklahoma; then I clicked on Blackwell Chamber of Commerce. To my delight I found that Blackwell was christened "America's Hometown". Now when anyone ask me where I was born I can answer "In America's Hometown." After that, I can proceed to explain to them where Blackwell is located.

Next I clicked on Area Information, I wanted to find out the name of the lake Grandpa took us to when I was a child. We always called it The Lake, so I've never been sure of its name. I knew it was on the Chickaskia River, at least I think that's the river where the lake was located. The other rivers around or near Blackwell are the Arkansas River and the Salt Fork River.

The only lake I found near Blackwell was Kaw Lake about 15 miles from the city. Fifteen miles isn't very far, a person can drive to it in less then a two hours. Therefore, I guess Kaw Lake was the one where Grandpa's mobile home was located. Let's face it, I'm 62 years old and I lived in Blackwell a long time ago. In addition, I don't remember anyone ever telling me the name of the lake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it was on the Chickaskia, it would have to be Blackwell Lake. Blackwell Lake is kind of a wide spot in the river 3 miles west and 2 miles north of Braman, OK. There are several people who have mobile homes and other places out there.