Monday, May 11, 2009

I bought a new mop bucket

Kamál (Perfection), 14 Jamál (Beauty), 166 BE – Monday, May 11, 2009 3:19 PM Pacific Time

I finally bought a new mop bucket. The wringer kind that squeezes the mop out. The old mop bucket is a recycled cat litter bucket, but it doesn't have a way to wring the mop out. In order to wring out the mop, with the old mop bucket, I had to wring the mop out by hand.

Yes, that was yucky!. If I didn't want to get my hands wet and dirty I had to use rubber gloves or disposable gloves. Yes, that was yucky, as well. Now I put the wet mop in the basket of the wringer and squeeze the water out. This isn't yucky and I don't have to get my hands wet.

I bought a plastic mop bucket with rollers, so now I can roll the bucket through the house rather then carrying from room to room. It's much easier and less messy because I spill less water then I did carrying an old cat litter bucket from room to room.

Let's face it, my mother is 88 years old and I'm 62; neither of us needs to carry a mop bucket full of water through the house. My mother still insists she wants to mop the floors, so this way I can fill the mop bucket and either of us can roll it through the house.

The next thing I need to get is another new mop. I have one new mop, but it's not the type to use with this type of mop bucket. The new mop is one of those that lets you squeeze the water out with an attachment to the mop. I've never liked that type of mop, they never work like there supposed to work. So now I have to get a new mop to go with the new mop bucket.

No comments: