Friday, May 22, 2009

The Pros and Cons of Getting a New Refrigerator

Istiqlál (Independence), 6 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 166 BE – Friday, May 22, 2009 about 7:03 PM Pacific Time

I need a new refrigerator. I have no other choice except to get another refrigerator. I have considered getting a used refrigerator because it is less expensive. However, there are other things to consider beside the immediate cash outlay.

One of the main considerations is how would I get a used fridge home and connected. I don't have a truck, I drive a Kia and I can't fit a fridge in the backseat no matter how small the fridge. In addition, a new fridge is easier on electricity. Let's face it any fridge that doesn't run 24/7 is easier on electricity.

The main problem with a new fridge is the immediate cash outlay. The cheapest price I've found for a new fridge is $499.00 without tax, with tax it's over $500.00. That's a lot of money to come up with at one time when your credit rating is in the toilet.

Oh well, this is Memorial Day weekend and perhaps I will find a sale on refrigerators. I don't want a fancy fridge, I don't want a fridge with an ice maker. I have ice cube trays so I can make my own ice. I don't need a fridge that gives me cold water from the door because I buy bottled water during the spring and summer. I just need a fridge that doesn't run 24/7.

1 comment:

Dane said...

Nice information!! I have good quality of refrigerator. It is working great...