Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Sun is brighter where the Pine tree used to be

Istijlál (Majesty), 12 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 166 BE – Thursday, May 28, 2009 about 3:09 PM Pacific Time

The sun is brighter where the pine tree used to stand
gone are the boughs
which waved in the breeze
casting dancing shadows
on the roof of my garage.

The tree had to go
there was no other choice
to let it remain
meant that eventually its roots
would destroy the foundation of the house,
so the tree had to go.

There are still three trees in my front yard
an olive tree and two stone pine trees
to give shelter to the doves and nightingales
in the neighborhood.

May is coming to an end,
there are three days left in the month
and I have to decide what type of desert tree to plant
in my yard to replace the pine tree
I had to have cut down.

No comments: