Thursday, May 14, 2009

I bought one item on my dream list

Istijlál (Majesty), 17 Jamál (Beauty), 166 BE – Thursday, May 14, 2009 about 9:31 AM Pacific Time

I bought one item on my dream list. I bought a new cloths dryer. True, it's an outdoor cloths dryer, but it's a cloths dryer and I don't have to lug wet cloths to the car and drive them to a laundromat to dry them. I can go into my backyard and hang them on my outdoor cloths dryer. The best thing is that it's a solar cloths dryer.

All right, my outdoor solar cloths dryer is a cloths line. It's one of the hexagon type that turns so that you don't have to walk around it when hanging cloths on the like. When I bought it, the outdoor cloths dryer came with 24 cloths pins, with the pins I already had that will be enough for a couple of days. I'm eventually going to have to buy more cloths pins, but I'll deal with that next week. In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy hanging my cloths out on the line.

I can remember my grandmother hanging cloths out to dry. She did laundry every Friday or Saturday. The day she did laundry depended on whether it rained or the zinc smelter had smoke coming out of their chimneys. If there were smoke, she didn't do laundry because the smell of the smoke got into the cloths.

I'm probably going to have a bit of a problem this winter when I do laundry. Some of the neighbors have wood burning fireplaces they use in wintertime. If I hang my cloths out when the neighbors are using their fireplaces, then the smell of smoke with get into my cloths while they are drying.

No comments: