Sunday, May 10, 2009

I’m following a family tradition

Jamál (Beauty), 13 Jamál (Beauty), 166 BE – Sunday, May 10, 2009 about 1:58 PM Pacific Time

I'm following a family tradition. I'm using the same brand of salt to rinse my mouth out as my grandmother did when she had all her teeth pulled. On Thursday, I had the rest of my teeth pulled and my false plate put in and the doctor told me to rinse my mouth out with salt water to heal the gums.

I found we were out of salt so I went to the store and bought another box. It's setting on the vanity in my bathroom waiting for me to use it again today. When I brought the salt into the house, my mother said that's what my grandmother did when she had all her teeth extracted. I'm even using the same brand of salt my grandmother use.

I bought a box of Morton's Salt with the umbrella girl on it. My grandmother used that brand of salt to season her food and to rinse out her mouth when the dentist pulled her teeth. It's nice to know I'm keeping a family tradition alive. In this age of transition, traditions, especially family traditions need to be remember and documented because our descendants will want to know the family traditions handed down to us by our parents and grandparents.

No comments: