Monday, May 18, 2009

The lessons about hanging cloths on the line are coming back to me

Kamál (Perfection), 2 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 166 BE – Monday, May 18, 2009 about 12:54 PM Pacific Time

They say that hanging cloths outside on a cloths line to dry, is like riding a bicycle. Once you learn how to do it you never forget. That isn't necessarily true. There are some things that if you don't practice on a constant basis you forget.

When hanging cloths on the line you always remember certain things about the process. You remember how to hang the cloths up. You remember which cloths to hang together and which ones you shouldn't hang together. For instance small light items, like wash cloths and under garments can be hung together. Heavier items like towels and dresses can be hung together. The reason for this is that it takes the heavier items longer to dry then the lighter items.

What you do forget is how hot the sun is when you are standing in one spot hanging cloths on a line. I'm going to have to buy sunscreen the next time I go to the store to prevent sun burn. I've also forgotten that hanging cloths on the line on a partly cloudy day isn't necessarily a good idea. I didn't listen to the weather report this morning nor did I download the e-mail that the daily weather report is sent to, so I have no idea what the chance of rain is today in Las Vegas.

As I look out my living room window, I see more clouds rolling in from the west. They could be rain clouds or just threatening rain. Oh well, my second load of cloths is on the line now. It's too late for me to do anything except pray that it doesn't rain until they are dry enough for me to bring inside.

No comments: