Thursday, April 30, 2009

It looks like a cloudy afternoon

Istijlál (Majesty), 3 Jamál (Beauty), 166 BE – Thursday, April 30, 2009 about 4:37 PM Pacific Time

The afternoon is turning out to be cloudy. Of course, I didn't look at the news or weather this morning, so I don't know the forecast for today. I didn't even get my intermind.net e-mail checked this morning. Mom and I left the house sometime between 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM to go to Desert Springs Hospital.

Mom had outpatient surgery. The doctor opened the blocked tear duct in her left eye. Tomorrow she has an appointment to see the doctor at 9:45 AM. In addition, we have to pick up some prescriptions that Walgreens before we go to the doctor.

I still have to check both my yahoo.com and intermind.net e-mail before I go to bed tonight. I may not go to bed at all, but just stay up and get caught up on the writing today's adventure prevented me from completing. I also have research to do for two items I'm working on; oh well, someone once told me that sleep is over-rated. I'm beginning to think he was right.

Maybe its the fact that I don't sleep the same as I did when I was younger. Used to I could stay up all night and once my head hit my pillow I'd fall asleep. Now, I can fall asleep on my keyboard, but if I get up to go to bed I can't sleep. I toss and turn, look out the window and count the number of times the metro helicopter flies over the neighborhood without going to sleep.

Perhaps I'll just lay down on the love seat and go to sleep. I can fall asleep either lying down or sitting up on the love seat without any problem. However, if I get up and go to my own bed then I'm wide awake.

No comments: