Sunday, October 19, 2008

I’m becoming impatient with my download time

Jamál (Beauty), 4 Ilm (Knowledge), 165 B.E. – Sunday, October 19, 2008 about 12:43 PM Pacific Time

I'm going to have to start looking into getting either DSL or Cable Modem. My download and upload time with a telephone connection is become too slow. I don't think it's any slower then it's always been, it's just that I'm becoming impatient with the time it takes.

Downloads take too long. Uploads take too long. Everything takes too long. I used to think I was a patient person, until I started dealing with a telephone line internet connection. There was a time when I thought that having the phone tied up while I was online was an advantage, no longer.

I don't want instant download time, I just want to be able to download a file during the day instead of having to wait until midnight. I want my phone free to take incoming calls, even if I simply let the answering machine pick them up. I still want the phone line free for the calls to get through. I want to be able to make a telephone call while I'm online. I want an Internet connection that doesn't cut out on me suddenly and in the middle of a blog entry. Are these things too much to ask?

My grandfather was a very patient person, but I suspect even his patience would wear thin dealing with the type of Internet connection I have now. I'm going to have to figure out a way to upgrade my connection by the end of the year.

No comments: