Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's taken me half a day to recover

Jalál (Glory), 15 Mashiyyat (Will), 165 B.E. – Saturday, October 11, 2008 about 1:51 PM Pacific Time

It's taken me half a day to recover from walking to the bank yesterday to cash paycheck. My knee still hurt when I walk. My knee is still stiff. I did learn something about myself though. I can do anything I set my mind to.

The interesting thing about the walk home yesterday was that I didn't let the negative and self defeating thoughts enter my mind. I simply walked and stopped periodically to drink some water. I was never so glad to get home in my life.

I'm going to have to cut down on the long walks like that. One way is all right, but going back home was a test of endurance. I did make it home. I am still tired. I don't think I got much sleep last night and to top that off we finally got autumn weather. I'm going to have to put a blanket on my bed instead of just the sheet.

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, at least not in my bed. I finally gave up and came into the living room. I sit down on the love seat and then went to sleep. The only reason I can think for not being able to sleep in my bed was that I kept turning and tossing. When I turned over my knee hurt and woke me up.

No comments: