Friday, October 17, 2008

Slowly my mood is brightening

Istiqlál (Independence), 2 Ilm (Knowledge), 165 B.E. – Friday, October 17, 2008 about 9:04 AM Pacific Time

It's taken half the morning, but my mood is finally optimistic. I took off work again today, this the fourth time this week. I'm going to have to go back on Monday even if I have to walk to work, which I'm not looking forward to. However, I have no other option because the car is in the shop and I have to get to work.

This morning I have written about six or seven poems. It seems almost everything I read, do or look at inspires a line or two of verse. This is unusual because normally when I'm depressed of despondent, I can't write. Therefore, perhaps things are looking up I certainly hope so.

My knee is still hurting, but not as bad as it did yesterday or the day before. It doesn't matter whether the knee is hurting Monday or not, I still have to go to work and that means I have to walk. Fortunately, the only traffic light between here and work is one of the new ones. It's one of those that shows how many seconds you have before the light changes from green to red and I have to be across the street. Las Vegas has a lot of these lights in and it appears they are eventually planning on putting them throughout the city.

The blinking hand counts
the seconds before the light
changes to "Don't Walk".

No comments: