Saturday, October 25, 2008

A new week begins on Sunday

Jalál (Glory), 10 Ilm (Knowledge), 165 B.E. – Saturday, October 25, 2008 about 4:57 PM Pacific Time

A new week begins on Sunday. October is almost over, which leaves two months in 2008. Then a new year begins. I am weary, perhaps part of my weariness comes from walking one mile to work and one mile home. I know since I've started the two mile daily walk my knee is more painful. When I come home I'm just so tired I can't focus on anything for a while. Perhaps I should have worked up to the two miles a day, but that isn't an option.

I have to get to work and I don't have a car. Sometime I can get a ride part way to work, which helps a little. Also I have increased my intake of protein and this helps some. However, nothing seems to help the knee pain. I suppose I should feel triumphant that I can make the walk, but for some reason I don't. Im tired and wore out after I arrive home.

Monday I'm going to have to go to the bank. Fortunately, there is a bus on Sahara, I can take, but I won't arrive home until late and days are getting shorter. I'm not afraid of walking in the dark, not even in Las Vegas. I'm more worried about being so tired after the walk. True I'm 61 years old and have a bad knee, still I don't think I should be as tired as I am. Oh well, next week I only have to worry about making the two-mile walk three days instead of five.

Thursday I'm taking off for a dental appointment and Friday is Nevada Day. That means I'll have a three day holiday before having to go back to work. In November I'm taking off the 4th because I'm working the election poles. The walk to that station isn't as far from my house as my normal work location. However, I'm going to have to go to one of the early voting locations and vote before then. Early voting ends on October 31.

No comments: