Friday, October 10, 2008

Holiday Memories

Istiqlál (Independence), 14 Mashiyyat (Will), 165 B.E. – Friday, October 10, 2008 about 5:05 AM Pacific Time

The holiday season is here and holiday memories are arriving, memories of Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I suppose I should start the holiday writing season with Halloween Memories. I have a lot of those because Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed taking my siblings and me "Tricker Treating", as well as giving out treats to the neighborhood kids.

Thanksgiving is another holiday, which has good memories for me. Grandma loved to cook and she made her own pies for Thanksgiving for several years. I enjoyed Thanksgiving at my Grandparents' house. There were all sorts of good things to eat and the entire family sit down to meals at Grandma's kitchen table.

My birthday is on Christmas Eve, so my Christmas memories are a mixture of happy and sad. Let's face I have or at least had Christmas Issues. Since I no longer celebrate Christmas as a gift-giving or receiving holiday, those issues don't seem to matter except when I go to write about them.

There are other holidays or rather Holy Days I celebrate this time of year. I'll go into those in another blog entry. For those days I'll explain why I celebrate them and how I celebrate.

No comments: