Sunday, October 26, 2008

I’m dreaming about my grandparents

Jamál (Beauty), 11 Ilm (Knowledge), 165 B.E. – Sunday, October 26, 2008 about 9:40 AM Pacific Time

I've been dreaming about my grandparents lately. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because the holiday season is here. Grandma enjoyed Halloween; she loved baking cookies for all the neighborhood children. Grandma would bake the cookies and wrap them in clear food wrap. When the neighborhood children came Trick or Treating, she would give them all cookies. Grandma backed two different kinds of cookies for Halloween. She would bake both oatmeal raisin and peanut butter cookies. She wrapped them seperately and gave one each to children who came to the door.

Grandpa would take my sibling and myself Trick or Treating. He begin with the neighborhood he and grandma lived in. After we went to all the houses there, then he took us to our own neighborhood. I enjoyed picking a costume and going from house to house. It was fun and grandpa never let us go by ourselves. I don't remember ever going to a Halloween party when I was growing up in Blackwell, Oklahoma.

Another reason I may be dreaming about my grandparents is that I miss them so much. I don't remember missing this much at other holiday seasons, but this year I'm missing them very much.

No comments: