Monday, October 06, 2008

It felt like Oklahoma this morning

Kamál (Perfection), 10 Mashiyyat (Will), 165 B.E. – Monday, October 6, 2008 about 5:14 PM Pacific Time

It felt like Oklahoma this morning. When I went out to put water in the car about 6:00 AM there was a chill in the air. It reminded me of dawn in Oklahoma. I almost went back in the house and put on a sweater.

I've lived in Las Vegas, Nevada for over thirty years and I don't remember a morning with a chill like that. Of course, I don't usually get out that early. Normally I don't go outside until well after dawn, when the sun has begun heating the desert air. However, since I have to check the water in my radiator every morning, I've been getting out early. I'm going to have to put a sweater in the car or put one by the front door, the morning air is getting cold.

The crisp morning air
sends chills through my sleepy mind:
Did it rain last night?

The damp morning air
brings to mind an Oklahoma dawn
after a late night rain.

I inhale the desert's aroma
and wonder at the similarities
of Autumn dawns.

No comments: