Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Candy Corn

October is here and it means I can buy candy corn. I don't see it any other time of year, but in October around Halloween I can get it in stores. It's probably just as well I can't get it the other twelve months. If I could, then I'd eat it all the time and that wouldn't be good for me.

I saw an ad in a health magazine discouraging people from eating candy corn and other sweet treats at Halloween. I know too much of it isn't good for me, but I like it. A little bit of candy corn isn't going to hurt me. I'm going to get a bag or maybe two bags of it. Mom likes it as well, so I better get two bags. That will give each of us a bag of our own.

It's interesting when I was growing up nobody ever worried about things like that. We were more interested in other stuff besides the candy we ate. Actually, at present I'm more interested in other things besides whether the food I'm eating is good for me or not. I'm not going to deprive myself of something I like simply because it isn't good for me. As long as I eat candy corn in moderation, it's all right to eat it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it's not the best thing for me to eat, but it's just 1/12th a year, right? :-)