Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Istiqlál (Independence), 16 Ilm (Knowledge), 165 B.E. – Friday, October 31, 2008 about 7:56 AM Pacific Time

Happy Halloween
Happy Nevada Day
Happy writing.com account birthday.

Mom and I have to catch a bus to do some stuff today. Since this is Nevada Day, it should be interesting to see which stores and businesses are open. We're going to the mall, then to pick up some of Mom's meds and have a prescription for me filled. I know the schools and state offices are closed today. I think the banks, or at least some of them, may be opened, but I don't know that for sure. The pharmacy is open, but I don't know whether they open at 8:00 AM or at 10:00 AM.

For some reason I'm not stressed or in a hurry this morning, which is odd since we have so much to do and have to take a bus. I'm not even sure whether the bus is going by it's regular or holiday schedule. Therefore, we may have to wait a while on the bus and transfers. There isn't any use getting in a hurry anyway, it doesn't bring the bus any sooner or get me anywhere any faster.

It's cloudy outside right now and looks a bit like it may rain. I certainly hope not, but if it rains then it rains. I can't control mother nature. All things considered, there isn't a lot of events in this world I can control. Actually, the only thing I'm in control of is my emotions and the way I react to the events in my life.

No comments: