Monday, October 27, 2008

I Smelled the Roses

Kamál (Perfection), 12 Ilm (Knowledge), 165 B.E. – Monday, October 27, 2008 about 4:52 PM Pacific Time

I smelled the roses this afternoon. When I got off work, I caught the bus on Sahara to go to the bank. After I made the deposit, then I caught the Maryland Parkway bus north and got off at Oakey. As I walked home, I thought perhaps it was a mistake going straight down Oakey instead of transferring to the Charleston bus and getting off at Burnham.

I made the right decision because when I got down to 17th street, I turned north and went up to Bracken. The roses I smelled were on Bracken planted in front of one of the houses I passed. The roses were pink, white, and light red, they looked so beautiful, their scent attracted and energized me. Before I smelled them I was wore out and tired. I could hardly put one foot in front of the other. After smelling the roses it I made it the rest of the way home without any problems.

Someone planted the roses right next to the sidewalk in a brick enclosed rose garden. There weren't very many bushes, but they were all in bloom. I didn't expect to see roses blooming this time of year in Las Vegas. It's been a dry and hot year, so I thought all the roses had bloomed in the early spring. If I were driving my car I wouldn't have gone that route and in the car I couldn't have smelled the roses anyway.

No comments: