Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Had A New Experience in an Interesting year

Fidál (Grace), 18 Mashiyyat (Will), 165 B.E. – Tuesday, October 14, 2008 about 6:18 AM Pacific Time

The best thing that can be said for 2008 is that it's been an interesting year. I had a new experience yesterday at the dental office. I went to my appointment extremely early because I still don't have a car and I had walked to work. I walked from work to the medical clinic where the dentist is located. I'm not sure what time I arrive because I don't have a working watch and I didn't look at the clock until after I got out of my appointment.

Yesterday was the grand opening of that clinic. There was a news crew from Channel 3 wanting to interview some of the patients, so I said yes. I appeared on the evening news last night. I've never been interviewed by a news crew or on T.V. I never expected anything like this to happen to me, but life is full of surprise and the unexpected.

I wasn't prepared for anything like that. However, I'm glad it happened because it taught me I need to expect the unexpected. I need to look for opportunities rather then difficulties. If the car were running I wouldn't have gone to the clinic early and the crew would have interviewed someone else.

No comments: