Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thankful Thursday: Thoughts on Gratitude and Thankful Thursday

Istijlal (Majesty), 4 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 171 BE - Thursday, January 22, 2015 about 12:59 pm Pacific Standard Time

I am tired. I am weary. I am worried. I need to find something to be thankful for, but the only things I can think of are the things I have listed before. I know that one should always be thankful for what they have. Gratitude for what you have means you are ready to accept the blessing of receiving something to do not have. The problem is that I think there is something else I should be putting on my gratitude list. I am not sure what that something else is at this time. Maybe I am too close to t he situation or item to see it clearly.

Today I am thankful...

01. ...that I was unable to get the loan I applied for yesterday because now I know that I have to check my credit report to find out what it contains.

02. ...for the cooked chicken quarters I have in the freezer because I can make soup out of them with canned peas and green beans for lunch and dinner.

03. ...that I still have electricity to keep the refrigerator and the freezer running because I have several food items in them that would spoil if I had no electricity.

04. ...for freshly brewed hot coffee. Yes, I know I have listed this before, but this is one of the things I am thankful for everyday.

05. ...that I was able to purchase $5.00 in gas yesterday. If I am lucky the gas in the tank will last me the rest of the month or I will be able to earn enough money to get another $5.00 or $10.00 in gas.

06. ...for the canned vegetable I have in the cupboard above the sink because I can make vegetable soup for the rest of the month without worrying about something to eat.

07. ...that my Bank of America checking account is not overdrawn.

08. ...for the beautiful warm January afternoon because the sun is shining and the warm air has not come on for the last few hours.

09. ...that I still have an internet connection so that I can attempt to earn some money online.

10. ...for the filter pitcher I have because I do not have to worry about using the bottleed water in the refrigerator. The bottle water is for me to carry when I leave the house.

No comments: