Saturday, January 17, 2015

Saturday Summary: January is a Stressful Month

Jalal (Glory), 18 Sharaf (Honor), 171 BE - Saturday, January 17, 2015 about 2:17 pm Pacific Standard Time

January is always a stressful month because it is the beginning of the Gregorian year and everyone is either looking forward to the New Year or dreading it. Today, Saturday, January 17, 2015, is the end of the second full week with about 50 weeks to go in the year. It is still winter with spring several weeks away, which I am both looking forward to and dreading.

I am looking forward to spring because I will not have to turn the warm air on when I get up in the morning. I am dreading it because it means that I may have to turn the cool air on in the afternoon. It is more expensive to keep my apartment cool in the summer then it is warm in the winter. In winter I can leave the warm air off and put on layers of clothing to keep warm, but in spring and summer I have to use the cool air in the afternoon to keep my apartment and computers cool.

I am still having financial issues. I have to have my car tag renewed this month which will cost between $90.00 and $100.00. I also have to pay the power bill, the internet bill, and a couple of other on-going bills. Fortunately, I do not have to worry about food. I do have to worry about purchasing nonfood items that I need to use for cleaning and other things. I know that if I keep praying and working things will work out, but sometimes it is difficult to keep a positive mental attitude. Especially when my back is hurting the way it is t his afternoon. I think I will post this and go wash dishes or say a healing prayer to see if the pain in my back goes away.

No comments: