Sunday, January 18, 2015

Spiritual Sunday: I Know God Loves Me

Jamal (Beauty), 19 Sharaf (Honor), 171 BE - Sunday, January 18, 2015 about 1:24 pm Pacific Standard Time

Yesterday someone left a flyer on my screen door that read "God Love's You" (in all capital letters). I looked at it and then meditated upon the message. I have thought about the message of and on for the past twenty-four hours. I picked up the flyer again today and read the message along with the scripture verse printed on the flyer. The scripture verse reads "but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" (in all capital letters) Joshua 24:14. Today, as I read the message and the verse, I thought about how I serve the Lord.

I prayer everyday. I attempt to meditate either on the prayer I read or recite or just silencing my mind. The question is "How am I serving the Lord?" Do I volunteer my service outside my home? Do I help my neighbors without expecting something in return? I know that one way I serve the Lord is by writing and blogging. Then I ask myself "How do my blog entries serve the Lord?" Are my blog entries positive? Do I encourage my readers to attend spiritual services? Do I write about the spiritual services I attend?

It has been a while since I attended a spiritual service. I read the scriptures and prayers of my chosen spiritual path. I have even memorized some of the prayers that I read everyday. I stopped attending spiritual services when I became caregiver for my mother. My mother died on November 29, 2012 and it is now 2015. I know that I have attended some spiritual services since Mom died, but not vary many. I am not sure why I have not attended regularly, maybe because I just got out of the habit. If that is the case then I have to make the effort to get back into the habit of attending spiritual service.

No comments: