Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Midwek reflections on Cooking Chicken

Istijlal (Majesty), 16 Sharaf (Honor), 171 BE - Wednesday, January 14, 2015 about 5:36 pm Pacific Standard Time

I cooked chicken today. I had about eight pieces of frozen leg quarters I got at one of the food pantries a few days ago. I took them out of the freeze and cooked them all. It took me almost all day, but I have enough chicken to last me the rest of the month. I put most of the cooked chicken parts back into the freezer, but I kept a couple out to go with the vegetable stew I made this afternoon.

I used frozen vegetables so the stew was easier and quicker to cook then the chicken. I divided the soup into storage containers so that I can freeze some of it. I will have a leg quarter tomorrow and another one on Friday. The rest I will eat next week because I want to open a can of salmon this weekend to fix with a green salad. I don't get large amounts of chicken often, but when I do I like to have some of it with soup.

No comments: